Yes, it's that time of the year again -- EMC World!
The event, the people, the content -- all top-shelf.
Now that I’m part of VMware’s storage and availability group, EMC World is particularly important, as it’s our best opportunity to meet storage and data protection professionals face-to-face -- and ask serious questions.
The hot topic? SDS -- software-defined storage -- something VMware is extremely focused on.
One of the events I’m sponsoring is a VMware Storage and Availability Roadmap Review Session: 90 minutes, small group format, all-NDA. You won't find it on the EMC World agenda, as we're doing this separately.
Last year, we ran similar sessions that went very well — and much of the input shaped what eventually was announced as VSAN.
This year, we’d like to do it again. Lots of great stuff in the pipeline, but we need your perspective.
If you’d like to participate in a wide-ranging discussion (and potentially influence the direction of our roadmap!), here’s what you’ll need to know:
- 90 minute session, multiple storage and availability topics, small group format
- by reservation only, as last year we were over-subscribed
- presentation will be led by Vijay Ramachandran, facilitated by me
- we’ll be in a nice guest suite in the Venetian (very short walk from the floor)
- designed for VMware customers and channel partners
- sorry, no technology vendors this time due to space limitations.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in — please drop me an email at chollis (at) vmware (dot) com. We’ll do our best to accommodate everyone’s busy schedule.
Looking forward to a great discussion!
Like this blog post? Why not subscribe via email?